- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds Ikpeazu’s election, dismisses Alex Otti’s petition
- BREAKING: Tribunal dismisses petition against Taraba Gov, Ishaku’s election
- BREAKING: Reps orders CBN to suspend cashless policy
- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds Udom’s election Victory
- BREAKING: Buhari sacks Head of Service, Oyo-Ita
- BREAKING: Second batch of 315 Nigerians arrive from South Africa
- BREAKING: Running mate crisis: Dickson sacks special adviser
- BREAKING: Buhari dissolves panel established by Osinbajo, issues new order to AGF Malami
- BREAKING: South Africa grants landing permit to Air Peace — Mission
- BREAKING: Delay in landing rights approval shifts evacuation of Nigerians
PDP’s Vice President candidate, Peter Obi didn’t suffer heart attack — Aide reveals
Media aide to PDP Vice Presidential candidate, Peter Obi, Valentine Obienyem, has refuted media reports that his principal had suffered a heart attack.
Reports were rife online today that Obi who was a one-time governor of Anambra state, was reportedly admitted in a hospital in Anambra state after suffering a heart attack. The report claimed he was under close monitoring, with plans to fly him abroad if his condition did not improve.
However in a statement released yesterday Tuesday May 7th, Obienyem described those behind the reports as liars. The statement reads
“Yesterday, I posted a report of how the former Governor of Anambra State felt a bit feverish and had to visit a Hospital at Onitsha. I equally reported that he returned and went straight to office to continue his work. We spent the whole day planning on the focus of his next apostolate: support to 50 selected hospitals.
“Today, the reckless fringe twisted the report that Obi suffered a heart attack. I should believe that anybody capable of coming out with such a wicked and twisted lie is as well as wishing him dead. But the sooner they realize that God is the creator and custodian of all lives, the better for them.
“May I therefore use this medium to inform the public that Obi did not suffer any heart attack or any debilitating illness. He felt a bit feverish, which is one of the pangs of humanity, visited a hospital in Anambra State and that is all. Mr. Peter Obi is hale and hearty” he said