- Breaking: Confusion as 2 groups stage protests for, against Oyo youngest commissioner
- BREAKING: Ex-Super Falcons player, Ifeanyi Chiejine is dead
- BREAKING: Fatoyinbo snubbed PFN’s investigating panel on rape allegation
- BREAKING: Court dismisses HDP’s petition against Buhari, APC, INEC
- Breaking: Scores dead, secretariat, houses razed as Boko Haram overrun Borno areas
- BREAKING: Buhari remains Minister of Petroleum
- BREAKING: Court adjourns for judgment on Atiku’s petition
- BREAKING: Buhari begins swearing-in of ministers
- BREAKING: Supreme Court rejects Atiku, PDP’s request to access ‘INEC server’
- BREAKING: Kogi Deputy Gov. Drags Assembly to court over impeachment notice
Ed Sheeran beats Adele in Rich List of wealthiest musicians as he doubles his wealth in just a year
Ed Sheeran has surpassed Adele on the Rich List after he doubled his wealth in just a year. The 28-year-old singer’s worth was revealed in a new edition of the Sunday Times Rich List. He is now worth £160 million, that’s an extra £80 million from last year.
Adele, 31, is worth £150 million but still remains the wealthiest female recording artist.
Ed Sheeran is at number 17 on the Sunday Times Rich List, which is a list of the richest musicians in the UK and Ireland. Adele is at number 22 on the list, having not gone on tour since 2017.
Ed Sheeran and Adele are two of the youngest stars included on the list, which is mainly dominated by veteran musicians including the likes of Sir Elton John and Sir Paul McCartney.
Andrew Lloyd Webber, 71, is number 1 on the Rich List with a fortune of £820m. Sir Paul McCartney, 76, comes in second place with £750m after his wealth reduced by £70m from last year’s total.
Irish rock group U2 are third on the Rich List with a fortune of £583m. Sir Elton John is at number four on the list with a fortune of £320 million. Sir Mick Jagger, valued at £275 million, is the fifth on the Rich List.