- BREAKING: Buhari dissolves panel established by Osinbajo, issues new order to AGF Malami
- BREAKING: South Africa grants landing permit to Air Peace — Mission
- BREAKING: Delay in landing rights approval shifts evacuation of Nigerians
- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds election of Gov. Makinde
- BREAKING: South African envoys designated to beg Nigerians arrive Abuja
- BREAKING: FG approves $5.3bn for Ibadan-Kano rail project
- BREAKING: Tribunal uphold Ayade’s victory
- Breaking: Nigerians who fled South Africa over xenophobic attacks arrive in Lagos
- BREAKING: Presidential tribunal upholds Buhari’s election, dismisses PDP petitions in its entirety
- BREAKING: No evidence in INEC electronically transmitted results to server, Court rules
EFCC confirms Naira Marley’s arrest, reveals reasons
Earlier today, report reaching us made us know that a Nigerian singer, Naira Marley has been arrested by EFCC today which is supposed to be his birthday.
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission has now briefed why they arrested the singer Afeez Fashola aka Naira Marley this morning Friday, May 10th.
Confirming his arrest, the acting EFCC spokesperson, Tony Orilade, in an interview with Punch, said
“Yes, he is with us. He’s not the only person; he had some other persons also arrested alongside (him). They were arrested in relation to advance fee fraud — Internet-related cases and all of that. Give me a little time and I will get you the details.”
Naira Marley made news few weeks ago after he publicly endorsed Internet fraudsters also known as Yahoo Yahoo boys.