- BREAKING: Two critically injured as container falls in Onitsha
- BREAKING: Kogi Assembly confirms Onoja as Yahaya Bello’s deputy
- JUST IN: Seven killed in Gov Obaseki’s convoy accident
- BREAKING: Kogi Deputy Gov Achuba impeached
- BREAKING: Gunshots in Abuja as police disperse protesting Shi’ites
- BREAKING: Again, fuel tanker explodes in Onitsha
- BREAKING: We’ll only register candidate with NIN for 2020 UTME – JAMB
- BREAKING: Fuel tanker explodes in Onitsha [VIDEO]
- BREAKING: Police raid another torture centre in Katsina
- BREAKING: Labour, Reps meeting failed to hold, as NLC seeks new date
Burgeoning Nigerian rapper, Naira Marley has been released by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, hours after he was arrested on Friday, May 10, 2019.
The acting EFCC spokesperson, Mr Tony Orilade, who commented on the pop artist’s arrest in an interview with Premium Times, said, “Yes, he is with us. He’s not the only person; he had some other persons also arrested alongside (him).”
The spokesperson added that “They were arrested in relation to advance fee fraud — Internet-related cases and all of that. Give me a little time and I will get you the details.”
Within Nigeria earlier reported that the suspected fraudster on his birthday, was taken to custody by the anti-graft agency for questioning barely 24 hours after he dropped the official music video of his latest single ‘Am I A Yahoo Boy?’.
Speaking on the concept behind the music video of Naira Marley’s ‘Am I A Yahoo Boy’, the video director, TG Omori explained that the rapper was trying to clear his name from the controversy of him being a yahoo boy that is currently trailing his persona.
He said; “Considering the controversy behind the song and all, It wasn’t really so crazy to crack out an idea for it because basically, all the song was talking about is him trying to clear the air that he is not a fraudster.”
TG Omori is a 24-year-old cinematographer who hails from Cross-River state.