- BREAKING: Buhari sacks Head of Service, Oyo-Ita
- BREAKING: Second batch of 315 Nigerians arrive from South Africa
- BREAKING: Running mate crisis: Dickson sacks special adviser
- BREAKING: Buhari dissolves panel established by Osinbajo, issues new order to AGF Malami
- BREAKING: South Africa grants landing permit to Air Peace — Mission
- BREAKING: Delay in landing rights approval shifts evacuation of Nigerians
- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds election of Gov. Makinde
- BREAKING: South African envoys designated to beg Nigerians arrive Abuja
- BREAKING: FG approves $5.3bn for Ibadan-Kano rail project
- BREAKING: Tribunal uphold Ayade’s victory
Nigerian Lawyer, Ayo Shonaiya reacts to Zlatan and Naira Marley’s EFCC arrest, says they just made them future legends
Filmmaker and entertainment consultant, Ayo Shonaiya, in his reaction to EFCC’s arrest of rappers Zlatan and Naira Marley, has said they have just been made future legends.
The duo were rounded up and paraded by the anti-graft agency yesterday over alleged fraud. But Ayo in his own opinion believes the singers are already set on the path of becoming legends and being highly revered by the future generation.
Read his post below:
Lil’ Wayne, James Brown, Snoop Dogg, Jay-Z, Frank Sinatra, the Kray Twins, Hugh Grant, and of course notorious drug lord & the ultimate baddest outlaw, Pablo Escobar! Remember Pablo Escobar used drug money to “help” the Colombian economy? And loads of Colombians prayed for him.
You know in the Nigerian music industry we have Bad, Baddo, Baddest, & Young Pablo. I myself even appeared in a short film recently called “Narcos Lagos”!
It’s all creativity and Art. Believe it or not, they have just made Naira Marley & Zlatan future legends!!! And I promise you I love all these guys. The ones that know me personally know this. Bad ass creative minds!
But, on the other hand, the infamous mugshots of the other “legends” were for what I call “personal” crimes. Even though every crime is bad, they were not crimes that labelled their countrymen & women with a negative identity, & also didn’t adversely affect the reputations of millions of their fellow citizens (maybe Colombia with the drugs, but you get my point).
The crime in question in the EFCC pic is FRAUD! Let’s stop saying “Yahoo Yahoo” because it has obviously become cool to a lot of youths now. We desperately need to re-strategise the war against crime in our country, from the “top” to the bottom.
So, while the other mugshots are for personal crimes that only themselves got punished for, our own future legends pic is about glamourising a crime that 180 MILLION Nigerians pay for everyday, in all ramifications & all over the world, as we are ALL seen as fraudsters and thieves.
This is the painful difference between the other infamous pictures & our own. And this is why, on the real, I am also sad about this picture.
Ayo Shonaiya – The Documentary on Afrobeats is loading.