- JUST IN: Five rescued from Kano collapsed building
- JUST IN: ASUU suspends strike in Taraba University
- JUST IN: Another Building Collapses In Lagos As Three escape Death
- JUST IN: Two storey building collapses in Warri
- Breaking: Tribunal strikes out petition challenging Faleke’s victory
- Just in: Ondo Assembly sacks interim council chairmen
- BREAKING: Senate adjourns plenary for 2 weeks
- Breaking: PDP, Atiku seek tribunal’s permission to inspect INEC’s server
- Breaking: Buhari, Weah meet in Aso Rock
- Breaking: Okorocha sworn in as Senator
If Naira Marley and Zlatan are truly fraudsters, let govt take its course — Jahbless
As the conversation about ‘Yahoo Yahoo’ and the recent arrest of musicians Naira Marley and Zlatan continues to be a trending issue online, musician Jahbless who has relocated to the United States for a while has shared his thoughts.
‘If Naira Marley and Zlatan are truly fraudsters, let the government takes its course and do there investigation, everyone charged with a penal offence has the right to be presumed innocent until proved guilty’.
See his post below…
Dear Ruggedman, first of all I would like to thank you on the civil right services, if all artiste could speak up same way you’ve been doing, Nigeria would be a better place.
However, if this new acts are been arrested cos of there creative process then you might have been paddling to a wrong direction.
The last time I checked there is freedom of speech in this country, if an ignorant 22 years old tweeted a wrong statement ..we can always put him on check, which you did regarding Naira Marley, but how about zlatan, he Is picked up for a tweet or a song “am I a Yahoo boy” you think is worth the energy and resource for the agency to pick them up because of there creative process? then songs like yahooze and Maga don pay and many more should be subjected to investigations.
Even in the western world people make music about guns and drugs if the government are quick to pick them up people like Rick kross or JayZ should have a duplex in penitentiary, because they sing about crime doesnt make them criminal ..
If Naira Marley and Zlatan are truly fraudsters, let the government takes its course and do there investigation, everyone charged with a penal offence has the right to be presumed innocent until proved guilty
We all need to thread carefully, and make sure this whole process is for the right course, if this guys end up being innocent then our creative rights is in trouble . Meanwhile “Am I a Yahoo boy” has 300k views in 24 hours not a bad publicity after all…. Peace