- BREAKING: Kogi Deputy Gov Achuba impeached
- BREAKING: Gunshots in Abuja as police disperse protesting Shi’ites
- BREAKING: Again, fuel tanker explodes in Onitsha
- BREAKING: We’ll only register candidate with NIN for 2020 UTME – JAMB
- BREAKING: Fuel tanker explodes in Onitsha [VIDEO]
- BREAKING: Police raid another torture centre in Katsina
- BREAKING: Labour, Reps meeting failed to hold, as NLC seeks new date
- BREAKING: EFCC re-arraigns Atiku’s lawyer over $2m money laundering
- 18 days after kaduna house of horror, chained children found at religious centre in Daura
- BREAKING: Moghalu resigns from YPP, canvasses for electoral reform
“The society failed you” man says as he mourns his brother who didn’t get adequate medical care after being shot by gunmen
A young man has died when the ambulance conveying him to LUTH got stuck in traffic and other road users refused to make way. Oladipo, 35, was in Ikorodu, discussing football with friends, when two gun men attacked them. Others managed to escape but Dipo was hit.
He was immediately rushed to the hospital. He received treatment at the General Hospital on Broad Street before being referred to LUTH. Sadly, on the way to LUTH they met heavy traffic at Costain because a trailer fell and blocked the road.
As the ambulance was stuck in traffic, they ran out of oxygen and Dipo breathed his last.
His brother has now blamed the system for failing him. He blames his brother’s death on a failed system and said his brother would still be alive if the “health and security sectors” hadn’t failed him.