- Confusion as Appeal Court rules on Oyo guber poll
- BREAKING: Tam David-West dies at 83
- BREAKING: Petrol tanker burst into flame at Ipaja Road in Lagos State
- Akpabio triumphs as Appeal Court orders rerun in one local govt
- BREAKING: Appeal Court sacks Adeyeye, declares Olujimi winner
- BREAKING: Sowore meets bail conditions, to be released from DSS today
- Lagos Fire: Burning building collapses, kills policeman
- BREAKING: Chelsea complete stunning comeback to draw with nine-man Ajax
- BREAKING: FG orders NCC to reduce data cost
- BREAKING: Court sacks Reps majority leader
King Mswati of Swaziland who has 15 wives orders men in his country to marry more than two wives or face Jail
King Mswati III of Swaziland has declared in Mbabane Swaziland that men will from June 2019 be required to marry at least two or more wives or be jailed if they fail to do so.
The king, who has 15 wives and 25 children, while his father and predecessor has more than 70 wives and 150+ children, noted that there are more women than men in Swaziland which he says is a very serious problem for a country, which is known to be full of virgins.
According to IHarare, men from Swaziland are therefore required and expected to take more wives so that every woman gets a husband.
In a statement, king Mswati called for all men in the country to marry at least five wives and the government assured the men that it would pay for the marriage ceremonies and buy houses for them.
King Mswati warned that any man or woman who opposes the decision “will face a life sentence”.