- Breaking: Jigawa Speaker Hon. Idris Garba, Chief Whip and Majority Leader impeached at the same time
- BREAKING: VC of Kwara State University sacked with immediate effect
- BREAKING: Nigerian Air Force Pilot, Air Commodore Udenyi killed in Lagos while awaiting promotion to Air Vice Marshall
- Breaking: Taraba State permanent secretary, Susana Jonathan kidnapped by gunmen
- BREAKING: Former Head of State, Yakubu Gowon slumps in Delta State during ‘military salute’ at a graveside
- Breaking: Kano State Government sacks all permanent secretaries
- Breaking: UBEC chairman, daughter regain Freedom
- BREAKING: UBEC chairman, daughter kidnapped along Kaduna-Abuja expressway, Driver shot dead
- BREAKING: Explosion rocks Ondo, 5 oil wells on fire
- Buhari extends appointment of acting CJN, Muhammad
Heartbreak for Chelsea fans as Real Madrid plans to ‘officially announce £86m signing of Hazard after Europa League final’
Premiership club, Chelsea is about to lose their best star, Eden Hazard, who will be officially unveiled as a Real Madrid player after the club’s Europa League final against Arsenal on May 29.
According to reports in France, Real Madrid have finalized a €100million (£86m) deal for the forward. Now L’Equipe reports that an agreement for the 28-year-old was done weeks ago, but will only be made public once the Blues’ season officially ends.
Hazard also fuelled speculation suggesting he would link up with Real manager Zinedine Zidane at the Bernabeu by refusing to commit his future to Chelsea.
After Chelsea’s 0-0 draw at Leicester City on Sunday, Hazard revealed he had informed the club of his desire to leave for Real this summer.
He said: ‘I have made my decision but it is not just about me. I told the club a couple of weeks ago. I wanted it to be cleared up earlier but that’s not happened. I’m still waiting, like the fans are waiting.’
Hazard who was Chelsea’s best player of the season, scored 16 goals in 37 Premier League appearances and also provided 15 assists last season.