- JUST IN: Five rescued from Kano collapsed building
- JUST IN: ASUU suspends strike in Taraba University
- JUST IN: Another Building Collapses In Lagos As Three escape Death
- JUST IN: Two storey building collapses in Warri
- Breaking: Tribunal strikes out petition challenging Faleke’s victory
- Just in: Ondo Assembly sacks interim council chairmen
- BREAKING: Senate adjourns plenary for 2 weeks
- Breaking: PDP, Atiku seek tribunal’s permission to inspect INEC’s server
- Breaking: Buhari, Weah meet in Aso Rock
- Breaking: Okorocha sworn in as Senator
Fayose reacts as Fayemi sacks 2,000 workers he employed in Ekiti
Ayodele Fayose, the former Ekiti State Governor, has condemned the sack of 2,000 workers by Governor Kayode Fayemi-led All Progressives Congress (APC) government in Ekiti State.
The Ekiti State Government has concluded the review of the procedure that led to the recruitment of no fewer than 2,000 new workers into the civil service by the immediate past administration of Ayo Fayose.
The current government in Ekiti state sacked the 2,000 workers involved.
Fayose described Fayemi’s decision as wickedness and political vendetta promoted to the peak.
Fayose’s spokesperson, Lere Olayinka, in a statement on Wednesday, said “Fayemi has only succeeded in writing his name in the history books of Ekiti as one who inflict pains and sorrow on the people.”
Olayinka said; “Fayemi has only demonstrated the wickedness in his heart by sacking Ekiti sons and daughters who were duly employed by the state government.
“It will be on record that the PDP government of Ayodele Fayose gave jobs to over 2,000 unemployed youths in Ekiti while the APC government of Kayode Fayemi sacked them.
“Also, whoever that applauds this show of wickedness will be reminded in future when actions of Fayemi will also be reviewed.
“As for those sons and daughters of Ekiti who have now become victims of Fayemi’s wickedness and political vendetta, they should place their hope in God and enforce their rights to seek redress in the court of law.”