- Breaking: Jigawa Speaker Hon. Idris Garba, Chief Whip and Majority Leader impeached at the same time
- BREAKING: VC of Kwara State University sacked with immediate effect
- BREAKING: Nigerian Air Force Pilot, Air Commodore Udenyi killed in Lagos while awaiting promotion to Air Vice Marshall
- Breaking: Taraba State permanent secretary, Susana Jonathan kidnapped by gunmen
- BREAKING: Former Head of State, Yakubu Gowon slumps in Delta State during ‘military salute’ at a graveside
- Breaking: Kano State Government sacks all permanent secretaries
- Breaking: UBEC chairman, daughter regain Freedom
- BREAKING: UBEC chairman, daughter kidnapped along Kaduna-Abuja expressway, Driver shot dead
- BREAKING: Explosion rocks Ondo, 5 oil wells on fire
- Buhari extends appointment of acting CJN, Muhammad
Microphone electrocutes church members, 2 killed, 2 others hospitalised in Osobgo
Two church members electrocuted during service in Osogbo
Church service was disrupted as tragedy struck after two members of a Celestial Church of Christ in Egbeda village near Osogbo were electrocuted on Sunday during the service.
According to reports, four people were affected but two died while two survived. It was learnt that the deceased, Yinka Adeniyi and Busayo Akande, were holding microphones when they were electrocuted.
The remains of the victims had been deposited in the hospital morgue. A member of the church, who preferred not to be named told Punch that those that were injured were being treated in an undisclosed health facility in Osogbo.
The state Police Public Relations Officer, SP Folasade Odoro also confirmed that the victims died from electrocution.
She urged residents to always adhere to safety measures while using electrical appliances, adding that “detectives from our command are also working to unravel other things that may not be immediately evident but may be connected to the incident.”