- BREAKING: Supreme Court rejects Atiku, PDP’s request to access ‘INEC server’
- BREAKING: Kogi Deputy Gov. Drags Assembly to court over impeachment notice
- BREAKING: Supreme Court strikes out Atiku, PDP’s appeal
- BREAKING: Court restrains AGF, ICPC from seizing ex-Gov, Yari’s properties
- JUST IN: Former Deputy Senate President, Senator Ike Ekweremadu Stoned By Angry Igbo Men in Nuremberg Germany (Video)
- BREAKING: Police arrest suspected murders of Enugu Catholic Priest
- BREAKING: El-Zakzaky, wife back by noon, says IMN
- BREAKING: Atiku’s son-in-law gets N20m bail
- BREAKING: Buhari suspends Obono-Obla, gives reason
- BREAKING: Another pastor kidnapped in Kaduna, abductors give family 5 days ultimatum
Actress Lala Akindoju-Fregene calls out comedian Okon Bishop over his comment about the Abuja women allegedly raped by policenmen
Actress Lala Akindoju, has called out actor/comedian, Bishop Okon, over his post about the women who were arrested and allegedly raped by policemen in Abuja earlier this month.
Okon in the video he posted on IG yesterday, said women that are prostitutes cannot say they were raped because they have no dignity.
Lala found his video distasteful and has taken to her IG page to react. She wrote;
I am very angry and disappointed this morning. It is only in Nigeria that entertainers and comedians make jokes about rape and disabilities and still get to justify what is obviously wrong. .
Mr Imeh Bishop sir, your video was inappropriate and wrong. You don’t make jokes about anything that has to do with rape especially when human beings and the violation of human rights are involved. Women were packed in their numbers and were raped repeatedly with policemen using pure water sachets as condoms and you think there’s a joke there???
You can’t suddenly turn this into ‘condemning commercial sex workers ‘ as it is shameful enough that our country punishes only the women and not the men who patronize them. It is also shameful that our country doesn’t care about human rights. Even if a person is a ‘criminal’ according to the Nigerian constitution, does that mean they have no rights????
What is bad is bad, that video was bad. The end!