- BREAKING: South Africa grants landing permit to Air Peace — Mission
- BREAKING: Delay in landing rights approval shifts evacuation of Nigerians
- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds election of Gov. Makinde
- BREAKING: South African envoys designated to beg Nigerians arrive Abuja
- BREAKING: FG approves $5.3bn for Ibadan-Kano rail project
- BREAKING: Tribunal uphold Ayade’s victory
- Breaking: Nigerians who fled South Africa over xenophobic attacks arrive in Lagos
- BREAKING: Presidential tribunal upholds Buhari’s election, dismisses PDP petitions in its entirety
- BREAKING: No evidence in INEC electronically transmitted results to server, Court rules
- BREAKING: Immigration hurdles delay arrival of 317 Nigerians from South Africa
Former Super Eagles coach, Christian Chukwu arrives UK for treatment few weeks after receiving Otedola’s donation
Christian Chukwu, the former captain of the old Green Eagles and ex-coach of the Super Eagles has arrived in the United Kingdom (UK) for medical treatment.
Chukwu travelled with his wife aboard a Virgin Atlantic Airline flight from Lagos and his arrival was confirmed in a statement on Thursday by the Director of Communications of the Nigeria Football Federation, Ademola Olajire.
According to Olajire, the NFF President, Amaju Pinnick, arranged for an appointment for the Nigerian legend with a renowned cardiologist in London.
“I am very happy with the efforts of the Nigeria Football Federation through the President, Mr Amaju Melvin Pinnick. He has proved that he is truly the father of Nigerian Football. I am also grateful for the support and prayers of other Nigerians.
“It is waist pain and stomach upset that I keep feeling. The doctors in Nigeria have treated the stomach upset and it remains the waist pain, but I am confident that I will come back to Nigeria having regained sound health,” Chukwu was quoted as saying.
Olajire said Chukwu and wife were seen off at the Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos by a Member of the NFF Executive Committee and Chairman of the Nigeria Women Football League, Aisha Falode and protocol officials of the federation.
Billionaire mogul Femi Otedola had earlier fulfilled his promise of $50,000 to ailing football legend Christian Chukwu on (Wednesday, April 24, 2019)
The N18,000,000 ($50,000) is to bankroll the medical treatment of former Eagles captain and later coach in London (The United Kingdom) was presented in Enugu by Philip Akinola, the chief operating officer of Zenon Petroleum & Gas Ltd.
The governor of Enugu state Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi, chairman of Nigeria Football Federation Amaju Pinnick and renowned sports journalist Onochie Anibeze witnessed the presentation of the $50,000 (N18 million).