- BREAKING: FG approves $5.3bn for Ibadan-Kano rail project
- BREAKING: Tribunal uphold Ayade’s victory
- Breaking: Nigerians who fled South Africa over xenophobic attacks arrive in Lagos
- BREAKING: Presidential tribunal upholds Buhari’s election, dismisses PDP petitions in its entirety
- BREAKING: No evidence in INEC electronically transmitted results to server, Court rules
- BREAKING: Immigration hurdles delay arrival of 317 Nigerians from South Africa
- BREAKING: Tribunal dismisses INEC’s motion against Atiku’s lead counsel
- Breaking: FUOYE suspends Students’ Union, shuts campus
- BREAKING: Shi’ites bow to pressure, hold 30-minute procession
- BREAKING: Tribunal sacks APC Senator, Orji Kalu
The least expected protest has just happened in Lagos after some Nigerian youths stormed the Lagos office of Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) to protest the release of embattled Nigerian singer, Naira Marley who has been charged with 11 offences and is slated for arraignment on Monday May 20.
The yet to be identified group (majorly youths) hired multiple buses to convey themselves to the Anti-graft commission’s office in Lagos.
The protest was not only done at the EFCC Office, the group of youths protested all the way from their residence to EFCC office, some of them were seen on the bus conveying them, carrying Placards with inscription that is demanding for Naira Marley’s freedom.
The boys during their protest were heard screaming:
“EfCC free Naira marley! Free Naira Marley!
“Where dem dey when boys dey suffer!
Watch the hilarious protest below.
The video has attracted varieties of comments on social media and people are sharing their own opinion. See some comment below.
Recall EFCC arrested Naira Marley, Zlatan Ibile and three others at Zlatan’s home in Lekki in the early hours of Saturday, 11th of May.
Those arrested were however days after released on bail, except Naira Marley who was slammed with 11 count charges that bothers on fraud for alleged credit card theft.