- Breaking: Buhari signs Polytechnic, National Institute for Security bills into law
- JUST IN: Rufus Giwa Poly shut down indefinitely
- Just in: Buhari, APC govs meet in Aso Rock
- Breaking: Former Egyptian president Mohammed Morsi dies in court
- Breaking: AA suspends Okorocha‘s in-law
- JUST IN: INEC announces automatic employment for Outstanding corps members
- Osun Guber: What court decided on Senator Ademola Adeleke’s Appeal On Monday
- Breaking: Ondo youths shut down Gov. Akeredolu’s office
- Breaking: INEC receives applications for three new parties
- Breaking: Appeal Court strikes out suit challenging Ihedioha’s emergence as PDP guber candidate
Fake soldier in Lagos arrested by Police
A fake soldier in Lagos has been arrested by operatives of the Rapid Response Squad (RRS), a unit of the Lagos State Police Command.
The fake soldier identified as Yusuf Quadri was arrested along Mobolaji Bank Anthony Way near Muritala Muhammed Airport in Lagos.
Reports have it that he was arrested during a cautious stop and search by RRS officers.
Quadri identified himself as a military officer when stopped by the police officers on patrol. But a little probe by the officers revealed he was impersonating the Army, PM News reports
Quadri, a primary school certificate holder disclosed during interrogation that he stole one of the military uniforms of a newly promoted officer, whom he was assisting to get his luggage ready.
He added that he thereafter used the uniform to take a photograph, which he subsequently converted to an identity card.
The suspect, in his confessional statement, told the police that he made use of his military photograph and outfit to by-pass security operatives, Local Government and LASTMA officials who might attempt to arrest him whenever he was on the wrong side of the law. The stolen military uniform was recovered from the suspect’s home.