- BREAKING: FG approves $5.3bn for Ibadan-Kano rail project
- BREAKING: Tribunal uphold Ayade’s victory
- Breaking: Nigerians who fled South Africa over xenophobic attacks arrive in Lagos
- BREAKING: Presidential tribunal upholds Buhari’s election, dismisses PDP petitions in its entirety
- BREAKING: No evidence in INEC electronically transmitted results to server, Court rules
- BREAKING: Immigration hurdles delay arrival of 317 Nigerians from South Africa
- BREAKING: Tribunal dismisses INEC’s motion against Atiku’s lead counsel
- Breaking: FUOYE suspends Students’ Union, shuts campus
- BREAKING: Shi’ites bow to pressure, hold 30-minute procession
- BREAKING: Tribunal sacks APC Senator, Orji Kalu
Fake soldier in Lagos arrested by Police
A fake soldier in Lagos has been arrested by operatives of the Rapid Response Squad (RRS), a unit of the Lagos State Police Command.
The fake soldier identified as Yusuf Quadri was arrested along Mobolaji Bank Anthony Way near Muritala Muhammed Airport in Lagos.
Reports have it that he was arrested during a cautious stop and search by RRS officers.
Quadri identified himself as a military officer when stopped by the police officers on patrol. But a little probe by the officers revealed he was impersonating the Army, PM News reports
Quadri, a primary school certificate holder disclosed during interrogation that he stole one of the military uniforms of a newly promoted officer, whom he was assisting to get his luggage ready.
He added that he thereafter used the uniform to take a photograph, which he subsequently converted to an identity card.
The suspect, in his confessional statement, told the police that he made use of his military photograph and outfit to by-pass security operatives, Local Government and LASTMA officials who might attempt to arrest him whenever he was on the wrong side of the law. The stolen military uniform was recovered from the suspect’s home.