- BREAKING: Gov Ayade presents 1.1trn budget estimate for 2020
- BREAKING: Court sacks emirs installed by Ganduje
- BREAKING: Tottenham appoint Jose Mourinho as manager
- BREAKING: Buhari receives Lyon in Aso Rock
- BREAKING: APC floors PDP in Bayelsa guber poll, obtains over 200,000 votes
- BREAKING: Kidnapped Enugu Catholic Priest regains freedom
- BREAKING: INEC official abducted in Lokoja
- BREAKING: Sanwo-Olu begins payment of N35, 000 Minimum wage to Lagos workers
- BREAKING: Buhari on his way back to Nigeria
- BREAKING: Yola Varsity Chaplain, Prof Felix Ilesani, kidnapped
Naira Marley’s mother burst into tears as court remands singer in prison; Case adjourned
Nigerian musician Naira Marley’s mother found it difficult to believe that her son who lives in a beautiful home will be spending some time in jail as she shed tears for him.
Naira Marley’s mother who was at the Federal High Court in Lagos to witness her son’s arraignment burst into tears after he was remanded in Prison.
Her agony was intensified when she witnessed the EFCC hand him over to the Nigerian Prison Service for detention until May 30, 2019.
The Fast rising musician, Azeez Fashola, alias Naira Marley was remanded in the prison custody by Justice Nicholas Oweibo of the Federal High Court in Lagos.
The judge made the remand order on Monday morning shortly after the musician was arraigned before him on 11 counts, bordering on credit card fraud after the singer pleaded not guilty and case was adjourned to May 30, 2019.
Following the decision of the judge, the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission has handed over Azeez Fashola better know as Naira Marley to men of the Nigerian Prison Service for detention.
Watch video below.