- BREAKING: FG approves $5.3bn for Ibadan-Kano rail project
- BREAKING: Tribunal uphold Ayade’s victory
- Breaking: Nigerians who fled South Africa over xenophobic attacks arrive in Lagos
- BREAKING: Presidential tribunal upholds Buhari’s election, dismisses PDP petitions in its entirety
- BREAKING: No evidence in INEC electronically transmitted results to server, Court rules
- BREAKING: Immigration hurdles delay arrival of 317 Nigerians from South Africa
- BREAKING: Tribunal dismisses INEC’s motion against Atiku’s lead counsel
- Breaking: FUOYE suspends Students’ Union, shuts campus
- BREAKING: Shi’ites bow to pressure, hold 30-minute procession
- BREAKING: Tribunal sacks APC Senator, Orji Kalu
Tragedy struck in Ogbomoso after Five students of Ladoke Akintola University of Technology (LAUTECH), Ogbomoso on Tuesday were involved in a ghastly accident that claimed the lives two victims of the auto mishap that occurred in the early hours of on Tuesday.
Those who were involved included two of the students simply identified as Seun also known as Young Prof in 400 level and Dr. Sleem, 400 level.
Others are a 400 level student identified as, Hon. Yusluv, another student identified as Yunus who is in 500 level and Mayor Timmy [Graduating class].
Sympathisers including students and security agents thronged the scene with deep sorrow, as some wept profusely over the unfortunate loss of human lives.
It was further learnt that Yunus is still in a state of comma in the hospital, while other remaining students were receiving treatment at the hospital.
The cause of the accident was unknown, however, some eyewitnesses attributed it to over-speeding and dangerous overtaking.
The institution, while confirming the death of the students, described it as devastating and tragic.
LAUTECH Vice-Chancellor, Professor Michael Olufisayo Ologunde, while speaking on the sad occurrence, prayed to God to give the entire University community the fortitude to bear the irreparable loss.
The VC in a statement said that he was personally involved in the efforts at rescuing the students.
The statement reads “Vice- Chancellor, LAUTECH, Ogbomoso, Professor Michael Olufisayo Ologunde, has described as devastating, the death of some students of the Institution in an early morning auto accident around Aroje area of the city.
“He has also directed that the University ambulance be deployed to the scene to convey their remains, ordering functionaries to abandon whatever other duties to ensure that the corpses are recovered for necessary steps ahead of their burial”.
See more photos below.