- BREAKING: Tribunal nullifies Dino Melaye’s election
- Breaking: Confusion as 2 groups stage protests for, against Oyo youngest commissioner
- BREAKING: Ex-Super Falcons player, Ifeanyi Chiejine is dead
- BREAKING: Fatoyinbo snubbed PFN’s investigating panel on rape allegation
- BREAKING: Court dismisses HDP’s petition against Buhari, APC, INEC
- Breaking: Scores dead, secretariat, houses razed as Boko Haram overrun Borno areas
- BREAKING: Buhari remains Minister of Petroleum
- BREAKING: Court adjourns for judgment on Atiku’s petition
- BREAKING: Buhari begins swearing-in of ministers
- BREAKING: Supreme Court rejects Atiku, PDP’s request to access ‘INEC server’
Transgender woman shot dead a week after she was brutally beaten by mob
A Transgender woman, Muhlaysia Booker, who was assaulted last month as a crowd stood by and cheered in an attack caught on video that went viral, was discovered fatally shot in east Dallas early Saturday morning, police confirmed.
Police responded to a shooting call at around 6:40 a.m. near the Tenison Park Golf Course. She was found dead from a gunshot wound, CBS Dallas reports.
In a news conference Sunday, police identified the woman as Booker and said they didn’t have any suspects. Booker was attacked outside an apartment complex last month after a minor traffic accident.
Police made one arrest in that case. Edward Thomas was charged with aggravated assault. Police said Sunday they didn’t know of any connections between Booker’s death and the assault.