- BREAKING: Again, fuel tanker explodes in Onitsha
- BREAKING: We’ll only register candidate with NIN for 2020 UTME – JAMB
- BREAKING: Fuel tanker explodes in Onitsha [VIDEO]
- BREAKING: Police raid another torture centre in Katsina
- BREAKING: Labour, Reps meeting failed to hold, as NLC seeks new date
- BREAKING: EFCC re-arraigns Atiku’s lawyer over $2m money laundering
- 18 days after kaduna house of horror, chained children found at religious centre in Daura
- BREAKING: Moghalu resigns from YPP, canvasses for electoral reform
- BREAKING: Customs orders complete border import, export ban
- BREAKING: Aisha Buhari leaves UK for Nigeria
Reno Omokri says death of Binyavanga Wainaina is a teachable moment for LGBTQ supporters
Reno Omokri has described the death of award winning Kenyan author and LGBT activist Binyavanga Wainaina as ‘sad but a teachable moment for those who want to force the LGBTQ lifestyle down our throats.’
The 2002 Caine Prize winner for African Writing and founder of the Nairobi-based journal Kwani , died on Tuesday night after suffering a stroke at Aga Khan Hospital in Nairobi.
Read Reno’s post below.
“Binyavanga Wainaina’s death is sad. But it is a teachable moment for those who want to force the LGBTQ lifestyle down our throats.
It is a risky lifestyle. It leaves you susceptible to HIV/AIDS. If you have those urges, FIGHT it. Don’t EMBRACE it.
I understand the rationale behind the tributes now pouring in, but we must be careful. Glamourising the gay lifestyle is not the way to go. Man fell in the Garden of Eden. One of the consequences of that fall is that we all have our sinful tendencies. Some of us have criminal tendencies. Some of us have tendencies to lie. Others have tendencies to overeat. Our cross is to fight our baser tendencies, not give in to them.”