- BREAKING: FG approves $5.3bn for Ibadan-Kano rail project
- BREAKING: Tribunal uphold Ayade’s victory
- Breaking: Nigerians who fled South Africa over xenophobic attacks arrive in Lagos
- BREAKING: Presidential tribunal upholds Buhari’s election, dismisses PDP petitions in its entirety
- BREAKING: No evidence in INEC electronically transmitted results to server, Court rules
- BREAKING: Immigration hurdles delay arrival of 317 Nigerians from South Africa
- BREAKING: Tribunal dismisses INEC’s motion against Atiku’s lead counsel
- Breaking: FUOYE suspends Students’ Union, shuts campus
- BREAKING: Shi’ites bow to pressure, hold 30-minute procession
- BREAKING: Tribunal sacks APC Senator, Orji Kalu
Tinubu is not the kind of president Nigeria needs in 2023 — APC Chieftain
A chieftain of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) from Niger State, Hon. Adamu Kuta has criticized the party National Leader, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu for saying he is under pressure to contest for presidency in the 2023 presidential election.
The former member of the House of representatives from Niger State made the statement on Tuesday, in Minna.
Kuta acknowledged that Tinubu has contributed greatly to the success of APC, but he is not fit to be the president of Nigeria.
“I like Tinubu as a person and he has contributed immensely to the success of our party, but honestly he is not the kind of president Nigeria needs in 2023.
“Nigerians need someone that can continue with the achievements and the foundation that Buhari has laid.
“We want someone that can continue from where Buhari will stop in 2023.”