- BREAKING: Tribunal nullifies Dino Melaye’s election
- Breaking: Confusion as 2 groups stage protests for, against Oyo youngest commissioner
- BREAKING: Ex-Super Falcons player, Ifeanyi Chiejine is dead
- BREAKING: Fatoyinbo snubbed PFN’s investigating panel on rape allegation
- BREAKING: Court dismisses HDP’s petition against Buhari, APC, INEC
- Breaking: Scores dead, secretariat, houses razed as Boko Haram overrun Borno areas
- BREAKING: Buhari remains Minister of Petroleum
- BREAKING: Court adjourns for judgment on Atiku’s petition
- BREAKING: Buhari begins swearing-in of ministers
- BREAKING: Supreme Court rejects Atiku, PDP’s request to access ‘INEC server’
Man sent to prison for allegedly killing mistress’ husband
An Ilorin Magistrates’ Court on Thursday ordered that a man, Abdullahi Ali, accused of allegedly murdering his mistress’ husband, be remanded in prison, pending legal advice from the Office of the State Director of Public Prosecutions.
Magistrate Malik Mogaji, who did not take the plea of Ali, ordered his remand in Oke-kura Prison, Ilorin.
He adjourned the case until June 17 for further mention.
The Prosecutor, Sgt. Adebayo Thomas told the court that Ali was arrested on April 26, following information received that he trespassed on to the victim, Salleh Zakariya’s property and stabbed him to death.
Thomas said that Ali, conspired with one Umaru, who is at large, to kill the deceased.
He said that the killing followed a warning the deceased gave Ali to stay away from his wife.
He said the incident happened in Bawagana Camp Via Baruteen Local Government Area of Kwara.
He said the alleged offence contravened the provisions of Sections 97 and 221 of Penal Code Law.