- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds Ikpeazu’s election, dismisses Alex Otti’s petition
- BREAKING: Tribunal dismisses petition against Taraba Gov, Ishaku’s election
- BREAKING: Reps orders CBN to suspend cashless policy
- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds Udom’s election Victory
- BREAKING: Buhari sacks Head of Service, Oyo-Ita
- BREAKING: Second batch of 315 Nigerians arrive from South Africa
- BREAKING: Running mate crisis: Dickson sacks special adviser
- BREAKING: Buhari dissolves panel established by Osinbajo, issues new order to AGF Malami
- BREAKING: South Africa grants landing permit to Air Peace — Mission
- BREAKING: Delay in landing rights approval shifts evacuation of Nigerians
Police nabs reckless driver who killed 4 pupils, injured 10 in Anambra
A driver, who rammed into school children on Monday, in Oba, Idemili South Local Government Area of Anambra State, has been arrested by the police.
The Oba Divisional Police Officer, Ifeanyi Abanaofor, told newsmen that the driver had been arrested.
He said,” The injured were about 10 and they have been taken to various hospitals for medical attention.
“The driver of the ill-fated vehicle, Mr. Chibuzor Elebo, has been arrested,” the DPO stated.
An eyewitness attributed the crash to the recklessness of the driver, who was said to be driving a Pathfinder while answering telephone calls when the incident occurred.
“He lost control and veered off his lane into the other lane before ramming into the kids, killing three instantly, while the 4th one died at the hospital,” the source stated.
According to reports, two of the deceased pupils were siblings.