- Breaking: Former Egyptian president Mohammed Morsi dies in court
- Breaking: AA suspends Okorocha‘s in-law
- JUST IN: INEC announces automatic employment for Outstanding corps members
- Osun Guber: What court decided on Senator Ademola Adeleke’s Appeal On Monday
- Breaking: Ondo youths shut down Gov. Akeredolu’s office
- Breaking: INEC receives applications for three new parties
- Breaking: Appeal Court strikes out suit challenging Ihedioha’s emergence as PDP guber candidate
- JUST IN: Five rescued from Kano collapsed building
- JUST IN: ASUU suspends strike in Taraba University
- JUST IN: Another Building Collapses In Lagos As Three escape Death
Police nabs reckless driver who killed 4 pupils, injured 10 in Anambra
A driver, who rammed into school children on Monday, in Oba, Idemili South Local Government Area of Anambra State, has been arrested by the police.
The Oba Divisional Police Officer, Ifeanyi Abanaofor, told newsmen that the driver had been arrested.
He said,” The injured were about 10 and they have been taken to various hospitals for medical attention.
“The driver of the ill-fated vehicle, Mr. Chibuzor Elebo, has been arrested,” the DPO stated.
An eyewitness attributed the crash to the recklessness of the driver, who was said to be driving a Pathfinder while answering telephone calls when the incident occurred.
“He lost control and veered off his lane into the other lane before ramming into the kids, killing three instantly, while the 4th one died at the hospital,” the source stated.
According to reports, two of the deceased pupils were siblings.