- Breaking: INEC receives applications for three new parties
- Breaking: Appeal Court strikes out suit challenging Ihedioha’s emergence as PDP guber candidate
- JUST IN: Five rescued from Kano collapsed building
- JUST IN: ASUU suspends strike in Taraba University
- JUST IN: Another Building Collapses In Lagos As Three escape Death
- JUST IN: Two storey building collapses in Warri
- Breaking: Tribunal strikes out petition challenging Faleke’s victory
- Just in: Ondo Assembly sacks interim council chairmen
- BREAKING: Senate adjourns plenary for 2 weeks
- Breaking: PDP, Atiku seek tribunal’s permission to inspect INEC’s server
Shame as Nigeria is missing on world ranking ship index
Due to challenges obstructing its maritime sector, Nigeria is missing on the ship ranking index.
Ministry of Transport and its agency, the Nigerian Maritime Administration and Safety Agency (NIMASA) have failed to expend the Cabbotage Vessels Financing fund to aid indigenous shipping development, it was gathered, were obvious reasons the giant of Africa was missing on the ranking index.
Numerous indigenous shipping companies have collapsed due to low patronage, and failure of the cabotage shipping regime, among other nightmares.
Despite being an oil producing nation, Nigeria is yet to acquire its own national fleet.