- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds election of Gov. Makinde
- BREAKING: South African envoys designated to beg Nigerians arrive Abuja
- BREAKING: FG approves $5.3bn for Ibadan-Kano rail project
- BREAKING: Tribunal uphold Ayade’s victory
- Breaking: Nigerians who fled South Africa over xenophobic attacks arrive in Lagos
- BREAKING: Presidential tribunal upholds Buhari’s election, dismisses PDP petitions in its entirety
- BREAKING: No evidence in INEC electronically transmitted results to server, Court rules
- BREAKING: Immigration hurdles delay arrival of 317 Nigerians from South Africa
- BREAKING: Tribunal dismisses INEC’s motion against Atiku’s lead counsel
- Breaking: FUOYE suspends Students’ Union, shuts campus
3 fake soldiers in police net
Officials of the Anambra State Police Command have arrested three persons in military uniform for allegedly abducting one Uchenna Ezeonu in Ekwulobia, Anambra State.
Haruna Mohammed, the police spokesperson in the state while disclosing this to newsmen on Saturday, named the suspects as Obasi Peter, Benjamin Nicholas and Ojiegbe Obinna.
Mohammed said preliminary investigation revealed that one of the suspects, L/Cpl Ojiegbe Obinna served with the Nigerian Army and deployed to 101 Special Forces Battalion, Maiduguri, Borno State.
The PPRO urged residents to beware of people using the military uniform for the purpose of kidnapping, saying it’s a new trend in the state.