- BREAKING: Tribunal nullifies Dino Melaye’s election
- Breaking: Confusion as 2 groups stage protests for, against Oyo youngest commissioner
- BREAKING: Ex-Super Falcons player, Ifeanyi Chiejine is dead
- BREAKING: Fatoyinbo snubbed PFN’s investigating panel on rape allegation
- BREAKING: Court dismisses HDP’s petition against Buhari, APC, INEC
- Breaking: Scores dead, secretariat, houses razed as Boko Haram overrun Borno areas
- BREAKING: Buhari remains Minister of Petroleum
- BREAKING: Court adjourns for judgment on Atiku’s petition
- BREAKING: Buhari begins swearing-in of ministers
- BREAKING: Supreme Court rejects Atiku, PDP’s request to access ‘INEC server’
Kano Emirates: Court restrains Ganduje on creation of new councils
A high court sitting in Kano has granted an interim order restraining the state governor, Abdullahi Umar Ganduje from taking any further action with regard to the creation of the new emirate council in the state.
The appeallants are Madakin Kano, Makama Kano, Sarkin Dawaki Maituta and Sarkin Ban.
The presiding judge, Justice A T Badmasi, ordered the respondents to desist from further action in pursuant to the Emirs (Appointment and Deposition) Law 2019 or any other action that will adversely affect the interest of the appellants in their capacities as kingmakers of the Kano Emirate Council or the Emir of Kano pending the determination of the motion on notice.
Reacting, the Kano State Government through the Director, Media and Publications, Ameen Yasser said the order is harmless. He noted that, “the court does not restrain Kano State Government from taking any action that was already completed but only restrained it from” further action on the implementation of the new law.