- Breaking: INEC receives applications for three new parties
- Breaking: Appeal Court strikes out suit challenging Ihedioha’s emergence as PDP guber candidate
- JUST IN: Five rescued from Kano collapsed building
- JUST IN: ASUU suspends strike in Taraba University
- JUST IN: Another Building Collapses In Lagos As Three escape Death
- JUST IN: Two storey building collapses in Warri
- Breaking: Tribunal strikes out petition challenging Faleke’s victory
- Just in: Ondo Assembly sacks interim council chairmen
- BREAKING: Senate adjourns plenary for 2 weeks
- Breaking: PDP, Atiku seek tribunal’s permission to inspect INEC’s server
Kano Emirates: Court restrains Ganduje on creation of new councils
A high court sitting in Kano has granted an interim order restraining the state governor, Abdullahi Umar Ganduje from taking any further action with regard to the creation of the new emirate council in the state.
The appeallants are Madakin Kano, Makama Kano, Sarkin Dawaki Maituta and Sarkin Ban.
The presiding judge, Justice A T Badmasi, ordered the respondents to desist from further action in pursuant to the Emirs (Appointment and Deposition) Law 2019 or any other action that will adversely affect the interest of the appellants in their capacities as kingmakers of the Kano Emirate Council or the Emir of Kano pending the determination of the motion on notice.
Reacting, the Kano State Government through the Director, Media and Publications, Ameen Yasser said the order is harmless. He noted that, “the court does not restrain Kano State Government from taking any action that was already completed but only restrained it from” further action on the implementation of the new law.