- BREAKING: Appeal Court varies terms in bail granted Dasuki
- BREAKING: Gov Ayade presents 1.1trn budget estimate for 2020
- BREAKING: Court sacks emirs installed by Ganduje
- BREAKING: Tottenham appoint Jose Mourinho as manager
- BREAKING: Buhari receives Lyon in Aso Rock
- BREAKING: APC floors PDP in Bayelsa guber poll, obtains over 200,000 votes
- BREAKING: Kidnapped Enugu Catholic Priest regains freedom
- BREAKING: INEC official abducted in Lokoja
- BREAKING: Sanwo-Olu begins payment of N35, 000 Minimum wage to Lagos workers
- BREAKING: Buhari on his way back to Nigeria
Yemi Alade Fumes: Why pitch me against Tiwa Savage?
During a radio interview in July 2018, when afro-pop music singer, Yemi Alade, refused to defend Tiwa Savage while the radio presenter described her as a crap musician, it fueled already viral speculations that the female singers were secretly battling each other for supremacy.
To worsen matters, the ‘Johnny’ crooner later rated herself equal to Tiwa Savage, Wizkid, Davido, Olamide and other A’list music acts.
However, in a chat with Showtime, Yemi Alade, said she still finds it difficult to understand why the public pitches Tiwa and herself against each other.
“Whatever makes them sleep well at night. I’ll never comprehend why the public likes to pitch successful people against one another, we are all winning, and that’s what is important. But like I said, whatever makes them sleep well at night”, she said.
She rubbished claims that Tiwa has penetrated the African music scene more than she has.
“Every female in the Nigerian music industry is doing great and I’m glad for the chance and opportunity to take our music places”, she noted.
The Effizie Music Group signed singer who has surprisingly steered clear of messy scandals and controversies ever since her debut on the Nigerian music scene, shared the secret behind this feat. “I know who I’m, where I come from and I surround myself with amazing people”, she said.