- JUST IN: INEC announces automatic employment for Outstanding corps members
- Osun Guber: What court decided on Senator Ademola Adeleke’s Appeal On Monday
- Breaking: Ondo youths shut down Gov. Akeredolu’s office
- Breaking: INEC receives applications for three new parties
- Breaking: Appeal Court strikes out suit challenging Ihedioha’s emergence as PDP guber candidate
- JUST IN: Five rescued from Kano collapsed building
- JUST IN: ASUU suspends strike in Taraba University
- JUST IN: Another Building Collapses In Lagos As Three escape Death
- JUST IN: Two storey building collapses in Warri
- Breaking: Tribunal strikes out petition challenging Faleke’s victory
May 28 inauguration: Police raise alarm over disruption plan in Adamawa
The Adamawa Police Command has raised an alarm over an alleged plan to disrupt Wednesday’s inauguration of Alhaji Ahmadu Fintiri as the newly-elected governor of Adamawa State.
There are plans being hatched by some miscreants in Adamawa State to disrupt Wednesday’s inauguration. This was revealed in a statement by Polices spokesman, SP Othman Abubakar, on Sunday.
SP Othman warned against the act, adding that thorough screening would be conducted on people before they would be allowed to enter the Ribadu Square, venue of the inauguration.
“The Adamawa State Police Command wishes to inform members of the public that intelligence received revealed that some unguided miscreants are planning to disturb the smooth inauguration of 29th May 2019 at the Ribadu Square.
“The command is, hereby, warning any person who intends to disturb the process to desist from it or be dealt with accordingly.
“Members of the public are to be properly screened before being allowed into the venue,” Abubakar said.
He called for support and cooperation of the public for a hitch-free inauguration.