- BREAKING: US seizes jet of Nigerian ‘involved in multi-million dollar fraud’
- BREAKING: Reps summon Power, Labour Ministers over planned strike by electricity workers
- BREAKING: Fresh Crisis rocks Presidency as Aisha Buhari attacks Mamman Daura, Garba Shehu
- BREAKING: Court stops Ganduje from creating Kano State Council of Chiefs
- BREAKING: Buhari names Adamu as new AMCON chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari Writes Senate, seeks confirmation of Nami as FIRS Chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari appoints Nami to replace Fowler as FIRS boss
- DSS reacts to alleged re-arrest of Omoyele Sowore in court, says it was an orchestrated drama
- Hope for cardiac patients: medical breakthrough of 3D-printed heart gets backed by investor James Richman
- BREAKING: Intervene in Sowore’s case, SERAP writes US President, Trump
EFCC arrests Zamfara SSG’s brother with N60m cash —24 hours to handing over
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), Sokoto Zonal Office, yesterday arrested a politician with N60 million cash following intelligent report of his suspicious money laundering activities.
Operatives of the EFCC arrested Murtala Muhammad, who is alleged to be a brother to Secretary to the Zamfara State Government, Professor Abdullahi Shinkafi in Gusau.
A Black Toyota Land Cruiser Prado Jeep with registration number DKA 67 PX Kaduna loaded with four Ghana Must Go bags containing N60 million was recovered from him at the point of arrest.
Also found on him are, a single barrel gun, one locally made Revolver Pistol, 25 rounds of cartridges and 12 rounds of 12.9mm live ammunition.
Acting Spokesperson of EFCC, Tony Orilade, said the suspect would be charged to court after investigations.