- JUST IN: Five rescued from Kano collapsed building
- JUST IN: ASUU suspends strike in Taraba University
- JUST IN: Another Building Collapses In Lagos As Three escape Death
- JUST IN: Two storey building collapses in Warri
- Breaking: Tribunal strikes out petition challenging Faleke’s victory
- Just in: Ondo Assembly sacks interim council chairmen
- BREAKING: Senate adjourns plenary for 2 weeks
- Breaking: PDP, Atiku seek tribunal’s permission to inspect INEC’s server
- Breaking: Buhari, Weah meet in Aso Rock
- Breaking: Okorocha sworn in as Senator
Trailer crushes female LASTMA officer to death in Lagos
Tragedy struck in Apapa area of Lagos, Southwest Nigeria on Saturday as a female officer of the Lagos State Traffic Management Agency, LASTMA, was crushed to death by a trailer.
It was gathered that the horror incident occurred on Saturday evening around 4:3pm.
The name of the deceased officer was giving as Arogundade Remilekun, whose station base was Apapa Zone 36.
It was gathered that the officer was at the back of the truck when the tragedy occurred.
The trailer was said to have reversed without her knowing and crushed her to death immediately.
Spokesperson, LASTMA, Mamud Hassan when contacted confirmed the tragedy, saying that the officer was controlling traffic when the trailer reversed and crushed her to death.
He said the driver of the trailer fled the scene and abandoned the vehicle which had been impounded by the police.
Hassan disclosed that the deceased was survived by her two-year-old daughter, a husband who worked in one of the Local Governments in Lagos and a grandmother.
He added that the remains of the victim had been deposited at the Lagos Island General Hospital morgue.
Hassan quoted the LASTMA General Manager, Olawale Musa as saying that the authority would not be deterred in carrying out its assigned duties in Lagos.
While commiserating with the deceased, Musa appealed to tankers to re-certify their vehicles before putting them on the road to avert tragedies.
Her remains had been evacuated from the scene of the tragedy. Her demise has brought mourning to the LASTMA family.