- BREAKING: Buhari remains Minister of Petroleum
- BREAKING: Court adjourns for judgment on Atiku’s petition
- BREAKING: Buhari begins swearing-in of ministers
- BREAKING: Supreme Court rejects Atiku, PDP’s request to access ‘INEC server’
- BREAKING: Kogi Deputy Gov. Drags Assembly to court over impeachment notice
- BREAKING: Supreme Court strikes out Atiku, PDP’s appeal
- BREAKING: Court restrains AGF, ICPC from seizing ex-Gov, Yari’s properties
- JUST IN: Former Deputy Senate President, Senator Ike Ekweremadu Stoned By Angry Igbo Men in Nuremberg Germany (Video)
- BREAKING: Police arrest suspected murders of Enugu Catholic Priest
- BREAKING: El-Zakzaky, wife back by noon, says IMN
11-year-old girl dies inside well in Kano
Officials of Kano State Fire Service have confirmed the death of Fatima Abdullahi, in a well in Zaura Ganduje, Dawakin Tofa Local Government Area of the state.
Fatima, an 11-year-old girl, was found dead before firemen got to the accident scene.
Alhaji Saidu Mohammed, Spokesman of the service said that the accident happened on Tuesday morning, adding that the service received a distress call from Dawanawu Fire Station that a girl had fallen into a well and responded immediately.
“We received a distress call from our Dawanau fire station at 10:54 a.m. that a girl had fallen into a well.
“On receiving the information, we quickly sent our rescue team to the scene at 11:10 a.m.
“She was found dead and her corpse was handed over to the ward head of Zaura, Alhaji Idris Shua’ibu, ’’ the spokesman said.
The spokesperson said that the circumstances surrounding the girl’s death was under investigation