- JUST IN: Former Deputy Senate President, Senator Ike Ekweremadu Stoned By Angry Igbo Men in Nuremberg Germany (Video)
- BREAKING: Police arrest suspected murders of Enugu Catholic Priest
- BREAKING: El-Zakzaky, wife back by noon, says IMN
- BREAKING: Atiku’s son-in-law gets N20m bail
- BREAKING: Buhari suspends Obono-Obla, gives reason
- BREAKING: Another pastor kidnapped in Kaduna, abductors give family 5 days ultimatum
- BREAKING: Alleged money laundering: EFCC arraigns Atiku’s son-in-law, lawyer
- BREAKING: El-Zakzaky, wife not safe in Indian hospital, says IMN
- Breaking: Soldier finally arraigned for allegedly raping Ondo undergraduate
- BREAKING: El-Zakzaky, wife moved to Abuja
APC suspends member for supporting Atiku
The All Progressives Congress (APC) alleged ex-lawmaker, Bimbo Daramola openly mobilised support for Atiku Abubakar in the last Presidential and National Assembly election.
A former lawmaker, Mr. Bimbo Daramola has been suspended for alleged involvement in anti-party activities.
The All Progressives Congress (APC), in a letter signed by the chairman and secretary of Ire ward II, Dipo Bejide and Adeola Sefunmi, gave the suspension order and addressed it to Daramola.
The party alleged the ex-lawmaker openly mobilised support for Atiku Abubakar, the candidate of PDP in the last Presidential and National Assembly election.
The letter reads: “From the tone and style of your letter dated 20 May, it is apparent that you are only interested in causing division and disunity in the party by raising mundane, rumoured and unsubstantiated allegation aimed at setting the members at each other.
“To this effect and based on your reply, we wish to put forward to you, what the wards deem as your anti-party activities…
“That on the eve of the election, you visited the palace of the Onire of Ire where you openly canvassed for PDP presidential candidate, Alh. Atiku Abubakar whom you openly described as your mentor and benefactor.
“In view of the above violation and based on the fact that you are not ready to submit yourself to constituted authority of the party.
“We wish to convey the decision of the party to suspend you indefinitely from the party indefinitely.”