- BREAKING: Buhari remains Minister of Petroleum
- BREAKING: Court adjourns for judgment on Atiku’s petition
- BREAKING: Buhari begins swearing-in of ministers
- BREAKING: Supreme Court rejects Atiku, PDP’s request to access ‘INEC server’
- BREAKING: Kogi Deputy Gov. Drags Assembly to court over impeachment notice
- BREAKING: Supreme Court strikes out Atiku, PDP’s appeal
- BREAKING: Court restrains AGF, ICPC from seizing ex-Gov, Yari’s properties
- JUST IN: Former Deputy Senate President, Senator Ike Ekweremadu Stoned By Angry Igbo Men in Nuremberg Germany (Video)
- BREAKING: Police arrest suspected murders of Enugu Catholic Priest
- BREAKING: El-Zakzaky, wife back by noon, says IMN
Steward commits suicide at Government House in Borno
A steward with Borno Government House, identified as Mr John Antagav has committed suicide.
The Commissioner of Police, Mr Mohammed Aliyu who confirmed the sad incidence on Tuesday and visited the scene of the crime at the Government House, Maiduguri said the police would thoroughly investigate the matter.
Antagav’s body was found hanging on a tree at a garden of the Presidential Lodge at about 2:30 pm.
Aliyu disclosed that the cause of the incident was not clear, adding that men of the command dispatched to the scene of crime brought down the corpse and evacuated it to the Specialist Hospital, Maiduguri.
He identified the deceased as a retired staff of the Government House, who was later reengaged as contract personnel.
“From the preliminary report, it is difficult to preempt what exactly happened.
“This is somebody who is doing fine; he has a house and a vehicle which he usually drives himself to work every day.
“We are going to reach out to his family in order to trace the root of the problem as investigation is still ongoing.”