- BREAKING: Over 10 people rescued in another ‘rehabilitation’ center in Kaduna
- BREAKING: ICPC declares Obono-Obla wanted
- BREAKING: Another attacks on Nigerians in South Africa
- BREAKING: Court orders forfeiture of 23 properties linked to Maina
- BREAKING: Court orders forfeiture of Saraki’s houses in Ikoyi
- BREAKING: Court Partially Varies Sowore, Bakare’s Bail Conditions, adjourns Case
- Three days after impeachment saga, Edward Onoja sworn-in as Kogi Deputy Governor
- BREAKING: Two critically injured as container falls in Onitsha
- BREAKING: Kogi Assembly confirms Onoja as Yahaya Bello’s deputy
- JUST IN: Seven killed in Gov Obaseki’s convoy accident
Bandits kill 23 in Zamfara
Over 100 gunmen attacked two communities in Zamfara, killing 23 persons.
No fewer than twenty-three persons were killed on Tuesday by bandits in a retaliatory attack in Kabaje and Tunga communities of Kauran Namoda local government area of Zamfara state.
Confirming the incident, Police spokesperson, SP Mohammed Shehu, said “it is true that the bandits killed 23 persons in the attack.
“At the moment, peace has been restored in the affected areas and a combined team of mobile and regular Police, the Army and Air Force are on surveillance in the area.”
Chairman of Kaura-Namoda Local Government Area, Lawal Isa, told newsmen that over 100 bandits stormed the communities on Tuesday morning when villagers were going to their farms, adding that the attackers came on a retaliatory attack over the killing of one of their suspected informants whose name he gave as Anas.
Isa made an appeal to various security agencies to bring the perpetrators to book, especially at Gidan na Zumbure village “which now harbours the bandits and serve as their base for launching attacks.”