- BREAKING: Buhari receives Lyon in Aso Rock
- BREAKING: APC floors PDP in Bayelsa guber poll, obtains over 200,000 votes
- BREAKING: Kidnapped Enugu Catholic Priest regains freedom
- BREAKING: INEC official abducted in Lokoja
- BREAKING: Sanwo-Olu begins payment of N35, 000 Minimum wage to Lagos workers
- BREAKING: Buhari on his way back to Nigeria
- BREAKING: Yola Varsity Chaplain, Prof Felix Ilesani, kidnapped
- BREAKING: Former Minister of Information, Alex Akinyele is dead
- BREAKING: Kidnapped Appeal Court judge, Justice Chioma Nwosu-Iheme regains her freedom
- BREAKING: Nigerian Air Force helicopter crash lands in Enugu
N4bn Fraud: Court orders arrest of Emir Sanusi’s Chief of Staff, 2 others
A Chief Magistrates’ court in Kano on Tuesday granted the order of arrest of three persons, including Mannir Sanusi, the Chief of Staff to the Emir of Kano, Muhammadu Sanusi II.
The Kano State Public Complainant and Anti-corruption Commission had dragged the trio before the court over failure to honour its invitation in a N4 billion fraud investigation against the Emir of Kano.
The commission had written to the court seeking an order of arrest against the three palace officials.
The presiding Judge, Chief Magistrate Mohammed Idris, consequently signed the arrest warrant of Mr Sanusi, who holds the traditional title of Damburan Kano, Mujitaba Abba and the Accountant of Kano Emirate Council, Sani Muhammad-Kwaru, over their alleged refusal to honour the commission’s invitation.
Confirming the court order, Muhiyi Magaji, Chairman of the commission, said: “the three persons that have an arrest warrant on their heads are the principal suspects in the case.”