- BREAKING: Buhari remains Minister of Petroleum
- BREAKING: Court adjourns for judgment on Atiku’s petition
- BREAKING: Buhari begins swearing-in of ministers
- BREAKING: Supreme Court rejects Atiku, PDP’s request to access ‘INEC server’
- BREAKING: Kogi Deputy Gov. Drags Assembly to court over impeachment notice
- BREAKING: Supreme Court strikes out Atiku, PDP’s appeal
- BREAKING: Court restrains AGF, ICPC from seizing ex-Gov, Yari’s properties
- JUST IN: Former Deputy Senate President, Senator Ike Ekweremadu Stoned By Angry Igbo Men in Nuremberg Germany (Video)
- BREAKING: Police arrest suspected murders of Enugu Catholic Priest
- BREAKING: El-Zakzaky, wife back by noon, says IMN
Senate holds valedictory session June 6
The Senate on Thursday announced it has concluded its business for the session and adjourned till June 6 for valedictory, to mark the end of the session.
Senate President Bukola Saraki, it was gathered, was absent at the plenary.
Deputy President of the Senate, Ike Ekweremadu, who presided over plenary, made the announcement.
Ekweremadu thanked the lawmakers for contributing immensely to the success of the 8th Senate.
He urged them to turn out massively on June 6 to officially bring the session to a close.
“I want to thank all of us who are here present for today’s plenary. Today marks the end of our business session.
“We will be meeting on June 6 for our valedictory session. I want to appeal to all our colleagues to be present,” he said.
The 8th Senate was inaugurated on June 9, 2015.