- Confusion as Appeal Court rules on Oyo guber poll
- BREAKING: Tam David-West dies at 83
- BREAKING: Petrol tanker burst into flame at Ipaja Road in Lagos State
- Akpabio triumphs as Appeal Court orders rerun in one local govt
- BREAKING: Appeal Court sacks Adeyeye, declares Olujimi winner
- BREAKING: Sowore meets bail conditions, to be released from DSS today
- Lagos Fire: Burning building collapses, kills policeman
- BREAKING: Chelsea complete stunning comeback to draw with nine-man Ajax
- BREAKING: FG orders NCC to reduce data cost
- BREAKING: Court sacks Reps majority leader
“I will protect you despite not voting for me”, Buhari assures Abuja residents
President Muhammadu Buhari on Tuesday assured residents of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Abuja, that his administration will do everything possible to protect them despite Abuja residents voted against him during the February 2019 Presidential election.
He gave the assurance while receiving residents of the FCT that paid him Sallah homage at the Presidential Villa, Abuja.
Jokingly describing the Abuja residents as unnecessary evil for not voting for him in the February election, he said that he would continue to protect the seat of power because any negative thing that happens to the place would also affect him and the entire residence.
The President also pleaded with political leaders especially his supporters not to complain against his administration in order to avoid sending negative signals that would make his government unpopular.
He said “I want to appreciate the number two man of the country (Vice President Yemi Osinbajo) because he knows what we are going through very quietly. I am very pleased that you came with this very powerful constituency…
“I Appeal to you to remain exemplary so that those under you will know that the country is doing very well. If you break down and complain, the impact will reverberate all over and then, government will not be popular and whatever efforts we are making will not be appreciated.
“I have just spoken to the senator on my left (Philip Aduda) and I told him that his constituency did not vote for me. So I was very pleased that when they made the arrangement they put him very far way from me. I have all the results of all constituencies.
“I am not threatening FCT because to make FCT secure is to make myself secure and the Vice President. I think they are a necessary evil that that was why they decided to vote for PDP.”