- BREAKING: Kidnapped Appeal Court judge, Justice Chioma Nwosu-Iheme regains her freedom
- BREAKING: Nigerian Air Force helicopter crash lands in Enugu
- BREAKING: Court dismisses Busola Dakolo’s case against Fatoyinbo
- BREAKING: APC has no guber candidate for Bayelsa election, Court declares
- BREAKING: Scores feared dead, many injured as PDP, APC supporters clash in Bayelsa
- BREAKING: We are ready to release Sowore – DSS
- BREAKING: Barely 24hrs after Oshiomhole Suspension, Edo APC suspends Edo Governor, Godwin Obaseki, Deputy Gov, SSG
- BREAKING: DSS disperses protesters seeking Sowore’s release
- BREAKING: Court threatens to strike out charge against Diezani
- BREAKING: Bayelsa APC deputy guber candidate disqualified
Almajiri situation will hurt us in future – Tambuwal
Governor Aminu Tambuwal of Sokoto state has expressed fears that the practice of begging by Almajiris expose them to dangerous habits which he says “will in turn, hurt us in near future.”
Tambuwal made the comment in a chat with newsmen following a meeting of prominent personalities of Sokoto origin at the Sultan’s palace.
WithinNigeria gathered that the governor said: “The state government as a matter of concern has been on the issue of Almajiri begging style and very soon, we will call all those involved to find a lasting solution to the problem.”
It was previously reported that in what could be described as a laudable development, a social media user gained the attention of the online community after she came to the rescue of an Almajiri child and took him under her care. According to a Twitter user identified as Sheikh Ibrahim Adam, the child surfaced online about a year ago, in a video in which he was spotted looking malnourished and also appeared to be suffering from diseases. Among those who reacted to the video and offered to help him was a good Samaritan who he (Adam) identified as Lallai. The lady, out of her goodwill, offered to fend for the boy and even went as far as adopting him as her son and enrolling him in a school.