- DSS reacts to alleged re-arrest of Omoyele Sowore in court, says it was an orchestrated drama
- Hope for cardiac patients: medical breakthrough of 3D-printed heart gets backed by investor James Richman
- BREAKING: Intervene in Sowore’s case, SERAP writes US President, Trump
- JUST IN: IPOB ‘attacks’ Rotimi Amaechi in Spain
- BREAKING: IPOB leader, Nnamdi Kanu loses father
- BREAKING: DSS attempts to rearrest Sowore in court (VIDEO)
- BREAKING: Everton manager Marco Silva sacked
- BREAKING: DSS Finally Releases Sowore After 4 Months In Detention
- BREAKING: Senate passes 2020 Appropriation Bill, raises budget to N10.594trn
- BREAKING: Court orders DSS to transfer El-Zakzaky, wife to Kaduna Correctional Centre
Emir Sanusi reacts to query from Ganduje
The embattled Emir of Kano, Muhammadu Sanusi II, has reacted to query he was issued by the state Governor, Abdullahi Ganduje.
Sanusi, who acknowledged receipt of the query, said he was studying the content of the query.
The Ganduje-led administration had queried Sanusi for allegedly misappropriating the Emirate Council’s N3.4 billion.
It was gathered that the Emir was queried after the submission of a report by the State office of the anti-corruption and Public Complaint Commission who investigated him on the alleged squandering of the Emirate Council’s funds.
The report, which was submitted to the state government late Tuesday was said to have recommended for the immediate suspension of the Emir.
The government has consequently handed down a query to the Emir through the Office of the Secretary to the Government, Usman Alhaji.
The state government also gave Sanusi 24 hours to respond to the query.
Responding through his Chief of Staff, Munir Sanusi, the Emir said the emirate council was studying the content of the query issued.