- JUST IN: Court strikes out certificate fraud case against AbdulRazaq
- Breaking: Tribunal rejects Atiku’s request to access INEC server
- JUST IN: Lawan’s SA on Media resigns
- Breaking: Two injured as building collapses in Lagos
- Breaking: Senate President, Ahmad Lawan withdraws appointment of media aide, Festus Adedayo
- Breaking: Tension in Bauchi Assembly as two Speakers emerge
- Breaking: Buhari appoints new GMD for NNPC
- Breaking: Abducted ex-minister’s son, Dayo Adewole, regains freedom
- Breaking: Buhari returns Ahmed Idris as AGF
- Breaking: Luis Enrique resigns as Spain’s coach
Cristiano Ronaldo’s Portugal have emerged as the inaugural winners of the UEFA Nations League.
The Cristiano Ronaldo-led team defeated the Netherlands 1-0 in Sunday’s final, to claim the trophy.
Goncalo Guedes scored the only goal of the game in the 60th minute, after the first half ended goalless.
This is the second international trophy Portugal is lifting within three years, after they defeated France to win the 2016 European Championship.
Earlier in the day, England sealed third position, after defeating Switzerland 6-5 on penalties.
There were no goals after 90 minutes between the two sides.