- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds Ikpeazu’s election, dismisses Alex Otti’s petition
- BREAKING: Tribunal dismisses petition against Taraba Gov, Ishaku’s election
- BREAKING: Reps orders CBN to suspend cashless policy
- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds Udom’s election Victory
- BREAKING: Buhari sacks Head of Service, Oyo-Ita
- BREAKING: Second batch of 315 Nigerians arrive from South Africa
- BREAKING: Running mate crisis: Dickson sacks special adviser
- BREAKING: Buhari dissolves panel established by Osinbajo, issues new order to AGF Malami
- BREAKING: South Africa grants landing permit to Air Peace — Mission
- BREAKING: Delay in landing rights approval shifts evacuation of Nigerians
Cristiano Ronaldo’s Portugal have emerged as the inaugural winners of the UEFA Nations League.
The Cristiano Ronaldo-led team defeated the Netherlands 1-0 in Sunday’s final, to claim the trophy.
Goncalo Guedes scored the only goal of the game in the 60th minute, after the first half ended goalless.
This is the second international trophy Portugal is lifting within three years, after they defeated France to win the 2016 European Championship.
Earlier in the day, England sealed third position, after defeating Switzerland 6-5 on penalties.
There were no goals after 90 minutes between the two sides.