- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds Ikpeazu’s election, dismisses Alex Otti’s petition
- BREAKING: Tribunal dismisses petition against Taraba Gov, Ishaku’s election
- BREAKING: Reps orders CBN to suspend cashless policy
- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds Udom’s election Victory
- BREAKING: Buhari sacks Head of Service, Oyo-Ita
- BREAKING: Second batch of 315 Nigerians arrive from South Africa
- BREAKING: Running mate crisis: Dickson sacks special adviser
- BREAKING: Buhari dissolves panel established by Osinbajo, issues new order to AGF Malami
- BREAKING: South Africa grants landing permit to Air Peace — Mission
- BREAKING: Delay in landing rights approval shifts evacuation of Nigerians
Zimbabwe’s Warriors Hold Super Eagles In Rainy Asaba Weather
SUPER Eagles posted a disappointing goalless draw against Zimbabwe in the first of their pre-AFCON tournament tune-up games in rainy conditions at the Stephen Keshi Stadium, Asaba yesterday evening.
Coach Gernot Rohr tried out new strategies and tactics handing Daniel Akpeyi the gloves while Kenneth Omeruo partnered Leon Balogun in central defence.
In a game which saw skipper Mikel Obi return to the starting XI, Ola Aina, Samuel Chukwueze and Samuel Kalu were also handed starting berths in the tepid clash.
Chukwueze came the closest to opening scoring for Nigeria in a game of few first half chances while full-back, Jamilu Collins also saw an effort go wide off the mark.
Chidozie Awaziem, Ahmed Musa, William Troost-Ekong, Victor Osimhen, Henry Onyekuru and John Ogu all entered the fray in the second half as Nigeria toiled to break down their resilient visitors in less stellar fashion.
The Super Eagles will come up against Senegal in Dakar in another friendly encounter before they kick-start their AFCON campaign.