- JUST IN: Court strikes out certificate fraud case against AbdulRazaq
- Breaking: Tribunal rejects Atiku’s request to access INEC server
- JUST IN: Lawan’s SA on Media resigns
- Breaking: Two injured as building collapses in Lagos
- Breaking: Senate President, Ahmad Lawan withdraws appointment of media aide, Festus Adedayo
- Breaking: Tension in Bauchi Assembly as two Speakers emerge
- Breaking: Buhari appoints new GMD for NNPC
- Breaking: Abducted ex-minister’s son, Dayo Adewole, regains freedom
- Breaking: Buhari returns Ahmed Idris as AGF
- Breaking: Luis Enrique resigns as Spain’s coach
Zimbabwe’s Warriors Hold Super Eagles In Rainy Asaba Weather
SUPER Eagles posted a disappointing goalless draw against Zimbabwe in the first of their pre-AFCON tournament tune-up games in rainy conditions at the Stephen Keshi Stadium, Asaba yesterday evening.
Coach Gernot Rohr tried out new strategies and tactics handing Daniel Akpeyi the gloves while Kenneth Omeruo partnered Leon Balogun in central defence.
In a game which saw skipper Mikel Obi return to the starting XI, Ola Aina, Samuel Chukwueze and Samuel Kalu were also handed starting berths in the tepid clash.
Chukwueze came the closest to opening scoring for Nigeria in a game of few first half chances while full-back, Jamilu Collins also saw an effort go wide off the mark.
Chidozie Awaziem, Ahmed Musa, William Troost-Ekong, Victor Osimhen, Henry Onyekuru and John Ogu all entered the fray in the second half as Nigeria toiled to break down their resilient visitors in less stellar fashion.
The Super Eagles will come up against Senegal in Dakar in another friendly encounter before they kick-start their AFCON campaign.