- Breaking: Scores dead, secretariat, houses razed as Boko Haram overrun Borno areas
- BREAKING: Buhari remains Minister of Petroleum
- BREAKING: Court adjourns for judgment on Atiku’s petition
- BREAKING: Buhari begins swearing-in of ministers
- BREAKING: Supreme Court rejects Atiku, PDP’s request to access ‘INEC server’
- BREAKING: Kogi Deputy Gov. Drags Assembly to court over impeachment notice
- BREAKING: Supreme Court strikes out Atiku, PDP’s appeal
- BREAKING: Court restrains AGF, ICPC from seizing ex-Gov, Yari’s properties
- JUST IN: Former Deputy Senate President, Senator Ike Ekweremadu Stoned By Angry Igbo Men in Nuremberg Germany (Video)
- BREAKING: Police arrest suspected murders of Enugu Catholic Priest
Sanwo-Olu clears the air on resumption of monthly sanitation
The Lagos State Government on Sunday debunked speculations on the purported resumption of monthly sanitation in the state.
The exercise, which used to hold every last Saturday of the month, was stopped a few years ago.
In a statement by Gboyega Akosile, Deputy Chief Press Secretary to Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu, the state urged Lagosians to ignore any information not from the authorities.
“Although Governor Sanwo-Olu signed an Executive Order against indiscriminate and illegal dumping of waste in the State, conversation on the return of the monthly environmental sanitation exercise is still a proposal.
“Lagosians will be notified appropriately when the monthly environmental sanitation exercise is to commence,” it added.