- JUST IN: INEC announces automatic employment for Outstanding corps members
- Osun Guber: What court decided on Senator Ademola Adeleke’s Appeal On Monday
- Breaking: Ondo youths shut down Gov. Akeredolu’s office
- Breaking: INEC receives applications for three new parties
- Breaking: Appeal Court strikes out suit challenging Ihedioha’s emergence as PDP guber candidate
- JUST IN: Five rescued from Kano collapsed building
- JUST IN: ASUU suspends strike in Taraba University
- JUST IN: Another Building Collapses In Lagos As Three escape Death
- JUST IN: Two storey building collapses in Warri
- Breaking: Tribunal strikes out petition challenging Faleke’s victory
Sanwo-Olu clears the air on resumption of monthly sanitation
The Lagos State Government on Sunday debunked speculations on the purported resumption of monthly sanitation in the state.
The exercise, which used to hold every last Saturday of the month, was stopped a few years ago.
In a statement by Gboyega Akosile, Deputy Chief Press Secretary to Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu, the state urged Lagosians to ignore any information not from the authorities.
“Although Governor Sanwo-Olu signed an Executive Order against indiscriminate and illegal dumping of waste in the State, conversation on the return of the monthly environmental sanitation exercise is still a proposal.
“Lagosians will be notified appropriately when the monthly environmental sanitation exercise is to commence,” it added.