- JUST IN: Court strikes out certificate fraud case against AbdulRazaq
- Breaking: Tribunal rejects Atiku’s request to access INEC server
- JUST IN: Lawan’s SA on Media resigns
- Breaking: Two injured as building collapses in Lagos
- Breaking: Senate President, Ahmad Lawan withdraws appointment of media aide, Festus Adedayo
- Breaking: Tension in Bauchi Assembly as two Speakers emerge
- Breaking: Buhari appoints new GMD for NNPC
- Breaking: Abducted ex-minister’s son, Dayo Adewole, regains freedom
- Breaking: Buhari returns Ahmed Idris as AGF
- Breaking: Luis Enrique resigns as Spain’s coach
Senator Ahmed Lawan has won the election to become the senate president in the 9th Assembly after defeating Senator Ali Ndume.
Senator Ahmed Lawan polled 79 votes out of 107 senators seated to defeat Ali Ndume who polled 28 votes.
Senator Lawan was the majority leader in the 8th Assembly after losing out to former Senate President, Bukola Saraki.
Senator Ali Ndume also served as the majority leader of the 8th Assembly before he was suspended.
Senator Lawan was the anointed candidate for the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) for the position.