- BREAKING: Tribunal nullifies Dino Melaye’s election
- Breaking: Confusion as 2 groups stage protests for, against Oyo youngest commissioner
- BREAKING: Ex-Super Falcons player, Ifeanyi Chiejine is dead
- BREAKING: Fatoyinbo snubbed PFN’s investigating panel on rape allegation
- BREAKING: Court dismisses HDP’s petition against Buhari, APC, INEC
- Breaking: Scores dead, secretariat, houses razed as Boko Haram overrun Borno areas
- BREAKING: Buhari remains Minister of Petroleum
- BREAKING: Court adjourns for judgment on Atiku’s petition
- BREAKING: Buhari begins swearing-in of ministers
- BREAKING: Supreme Court rejects Atiku, PDP’s request to access ‘INEC server’
Meet the newly elected Senate President, Ahmed Lawan
Ahmed Lawan has emerged the new Senate-President of Nigeria after defeating his opponent, Ali Ndume, by a landslide victory of 79 votes to 28 votes.
Consequently, we bring to you the interesting things you didn’t know about the new Senate President.
It is necessary to know more about the new Senate-President.
Ahmed Ibrahim Lawan represents the All Progressive Congress(APC) in Yobe North Constituency of Yobe State.
He only became a senator in 2007. He was born in 1959.
He also possesses a bachelor’s degree in geography from the University of Maiduguri,equally,he has a master’s degree in remote sensing from Ahmadu Bello University.
Also, he has a doctorate degree in remote sensing/GIS. from Cranfield University, UK.
And lastly, he was a two-term House of Representatives member between 1999-2007.