- BREAKING: Former Minister of Information, Alex Akinyele is dead
- BREAKING: Kidnapped Appeal Court judge, Justice Chioma Nwosu-Iheme regains her freedom
- BREAKING: Nigerian Air Force helicopter crash lands in Enugu
- BREAKING: Court dismisses Busola Dakolo’s case against Fatoyinbo
- BREAKING: APC has no guber candidate for Bayelsa election, Court declares
- BREAKING: Scores feared dead, many injured as PDP, APC supporters clash in Bayelsa
- BREAKING: We are ready to release Sowore – DSS
- BREAKING: Barely 24hrs after Oshiomhole Suspension, Edo APC suspends Edo Governor, Godwin Obaseki, Deputy Gov, SSG
- BREAKING: DSS disperses protesters seeking Sowore’s release
- BREAKING: Court threatens to strike out charge against Diezani
Court orders INEC not to issue certificate of return to Okorocha
A High Court sitting in Imo State, on Tuesday, ordered the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, not to issue certificate of return to Senator-elect for Imo West Senatorial District, Rochas Okorocha.
The Justice Ngozi Ukoha-led court gave the order while ruling on an application filed by Osita Izunaso of the All Progressives Grand Alliances, APGA, pending the determination of the motion on notice challenging the victory of Okorocha at the just concluded elections in the state.
The judge restrained the electoral umpire from “departing from its decision not to issue a certificate of return in respect of Imo west senatorial district election.”
INEC had refused to issue Okorocha, a member of the All Progressives Congress, APC, with his certificate of return, despite been declared winner over alleged death threat against its electoral official.
Despite the decision of INEC, an Abuja Federal High Court few days ago ordered the electoral body to issue the former governor his certificate of return.