- JUST IN: Court strikes out certificate fraud case against AbdulRazaq
- Breaking: Tribunal rejects Atiku’s request to access INEC server
- JUST IN: Lawan’s SA on Media resigns
- Breaking: Two injured as building collapses in Lagos
- Breaking: Senate President, Ahmad Lawan withdraws appointment of media aide, Festus Adedayo
- Breaking: Tension in Bauchi Assembly as two Speakers emerge
- Breaking: Buhari appoints new GMD for NNPC
- Breaking: Abducted ex-minister’s son, Dayo Adewole, regains freedom
- Breaking: Buhari returns Ahmed Idris as AGF
- Breaking: Luis Enrique resigns as Spain’s coach
Hon Femi Gbajabiamila has been elected Speaker of the 9th House of Representatives.
He secured 284 votes to defeat his only challenger, Umar Bago who garnered a paltry 76 votes.
His supporters, including National chairman of All Progressives Congress(APC), Comrade Adams Oshiomhole, couldn’t hide their excitement immediately he got the threshold.