- BREAKING: Buhari sacks Head of Service, Oyo-Ita
- BREAKING: Second batch of 315 Nigerians arrive from South Africa
- BREAKING: Running mate crisis: Dickson sacks special adviser
- BREAKING: Buhari dissolves panel established by Osinbajo, issues new order to AGF Malami
- BREAKING: South Africa grants landing permit to Air Peace — Mission
- BREAKING: Delay in landing rights approval shifts evacuation of Nigerians
- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds election of Gov. Makinde
- BREAKING: South African envoys designated to beg Nigerians arrive Abuja
- BREAKING: FG approves $5.3bn for Ibadan-Kano rail project
- BREAKING: Tribunal uphold Ayade’s victory
PDP expels members who dragged Senator Adeleke to court
Nigeria’s opposition People Democratic Party has ordered the expulsion of five of its members in Osun State.
Bola Ajao, the party’s state spokesman, said Awosiyan Olalekan Kingsley, Ojetade Thomas, Awodire Sina Peter, Olatunji Rasheed Olabayo and Oluwasegun Idowu, were suspended for insubordination and gross anti-party activities.
“The Osun State PDP Executive Committee hereby formally adopt the recommendation that the following affected members be EXPELLED from the party for their insubordination and gross anti-party activities,” Ajao said in the expulsion statement.
Three of the expelled members, Olalekan, Thomas and Peter, had filed a case against Ademola Adeleke, PDP’s governorship candidate for Osun State September 2018 poll.
The three approached an Osun State High Court alleging that Adeleke submitted a fake certificate to get the party’s ticket for the poll.
The zonal secretary of the party, Rev. Bunmi Jenyo, in November 2018, accused the three members to have “employed blackmail to destabilise the party for reasons best known to them.”
Jenyo said the three were put under investigations for possible sanction on account of them suing Adeleke.
“Party constitution is meant to be obeyed as internal mechanisms for conflict resolution is a constitutional requirement,” Ajao said.
Meanwhile, the counsel to three, Olufemi Ayandokun Esq. has faulted their expulsion.
He said the decision of the party against the trio constituted an assault on the judicial system.