- Breaking: Buhari’s lawyer to play video of INEC Chair ruling out electronic transmission
- Breaking: Presidential Election Tribunal admits 48 compact discs as exhibits
- BREAKING: Supreme Court rules in suit seeking sack of Bulkachuwa
- Breaking: Buhari, APC, INEC object to move by Atiku, PDP to play video at tribunal
- Presidential Election Petition Tribunal: Atiku’s witness admits paying N10,000 to soldiers during election
- Breaking: Supreme Court strikes out suit against Wike’s eligibility
- Breaking: Obasanjo raises alarm in another open letter to Buhari [Full text]
- BREAKING: Gunmen kidnapped former Super Eagles coach’s mother in Bayelsa
- Breaking: Samson Siasia’s mother kidnapped in Bayelsa
- Just in: Kidnappers kill Sen Abbo’s uncle, abduct stepmother
Toronto Raptors had a fanatical mascot in Canadian rapper Drake all throughout the NBA finals as he fiercely backed his home team throughout the series. And now the famous ”Drake curse” is finally broken after Raptors emerged victorious in Game six of the 2019 NBA Finals at ORACLE Arena on Thursday, June 13, in Oakland, California.
Raptors picked up their first NBA Championship and shattered the jinx said to have plagued the Toronto rapper in the sports world after most of the teams he supported suffered defeat.
Drake turned that narrative upside down on Thursday night, June 13, after the Raptors dethroned the Golden State Warriors with a 4-2 win in the best of seven NBA Finals.
According to Bleacher Report, Drake was not courtside in Oakland but rather cheered his team on from Jurassic Park in Canada.
And when the buzzer sounded, Drake went ballistic and understandably joyous, seeing his team coast to victory over their belligerent opponent.
Drake has relentlessly supported his team not just in the Finals but through the worst of years up until this moment of victory.
The Drake curse is over ?? pic.twitter.com/ZhimNFaQQi
— Bleacher Report (@BleacherReport) June 14, 2019