- BREAKING: Police rescued 15 hostages in another illegal reformation Centre in Adamawa
- BREAKING: Over 10 people rescued in another ‘rehabilitation’ center in Kaduna
- BREAKING: ICPC declares Obono-Obla wanted
- BREAKING: Another attacks on Nigerians in South Africa
- BREAKING: Court orders forfeiture of 23 properties linked to Maina
- BREAKING: Court orders forfeiture of Saraki’s houses in Ikoyi
- BREAKING: Court Partially Varies Sowore, Bakare’s Bail Conditions, adjourns Case
- Three days after impeachment saga, Edward Onoja sworn-in as Kogi Deputy Governor
- BREAKING: Two critically injured as container falls in Onitsha
- BREAKING: Kogi Assembly confirms Onoja as Yahaya Bello’s deputy
Toronto Raptors had a fanatical mascot in Canadian rapper Drake all throughout the NBA finals as he fiercely backed his home team throughout the series. And now the famous ”Drake curse” is finally broken after Raptors emerged victorious in Game six of the 2019 NBA Finals at ORACLE Arena on Thursday, June 13, in Oakland, California.
Raptors picked up their first NBA Championship and shattered the jinx said to have plagued the Toronto rapper in the sports world after most of the teams he supported suffered defeat.
Drake turned that narrative upside down on Thursday night, June 13, after the Raptors dethroned the Golden State Warriors with a 4-2 win in the best of seven NBA Finals.
According to Bleacher Report, Drake was not courtside in Oakland but rather cheered his team on from Jurassic Park in Canada.
And when the buzzer sounded, Drake went ballistic and understandably joyous, seeing his team coast to victory over their belligerent opponent.
Drake has relentlessly supported his team not just in the Finals but through the worst of years up until this moment of victory.
The Drake curse is over ?? pic.twitter.com/ZhimNFaQQi
— Bleacher Report (@BleacherReport) June 14, 2019