- Breaking: Mikel Obi announces retirement from Super Eagles, gives reasons
- BREAKING: Army investigates viral video of soldier assaulting motorist in Lagos
- Breaking: 60 persons escape death as hotel collapses in Ebonyi
- Breaking: Super Eagles defeat Tunisia to clinch Bronze
- BREAKING: Witness faults results of presidential election claimed by Atiku, PDP
- Breaking: Senate confirms Justice Tanko Muhammad as CJN
- Breaking: Tribunal issues subpoena on INEC Chair over Atiku, PDP’s complaints
- Breaking: Yinka Ayefele finally confirms wife’s delivery of triplets in US
- Breaking: Buhari plays video on INEC’s stand on results transmission
- Breaking: Buhari’s lawyer to play video of INEC Chair ruling out electronic transmission
Kano State Fire Service on Friday rescued three children and two adults trapped in a building, which collapsed at Dandago Babban Baki in Gwale Local Government Area of the state.
Alhaji Saidu Mohammed, spokesman of the service, who said this in an interview with News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Kano said that the house was one storey building.
Mohammed disclosed that a three-year-old boy was among those rescued.
“We received a distress call on Friday from one Malam Hamza Idris at about 3:19 p.m. that a building has collapsed.
“Upon receiving the information, we quickly dispatched firemen to the scene at about 3:27 p.m.,’’ he said.
Mohammed gave the names of the victims as: Abduljabbar Murtala, 7, Walid Inusa 10, Hanif Murtala, 3, Akailu Alkassim, 22 and Nasir Ibrahim, 35.
He said that the victims who sustained injuries were taken to the Murtala Muhammed Specialist Hospital, Kano, for treatment.
According to him, the cause of the fire outbreak is still under investigation.