- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds Ikpeazu’s election, dismisses Alex Otti’s petition
- BREAKING: Tribunal dismisses petition against Taraba Gov, Ishaku’s election
- BREAKING: Reps orders CBN to suspend cashless policy
- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds Udom’s election Victory
- BREAKING: Buhari sacks Head of Service, Oyo-Ita
- BREAKING: Second batch of 315 Nigerians arrive from South Africa
- BREAKING: Running mate crisis: Dickson sacks special adviser
- BREAKING: Buhari dissolves panel established by Osinbajo, issues new order to AGF Malami
- BREAKING: South Africa grants landing permit to Air Peace — Mission
- BREAKING: Delay in landing rights approval shifts evacuation of Nigerians
Kano State Fire Service on Friday rescued three children and two adults trapped in a building, which collapsed at Dandago Babban Baki in Gwale Local Government Area of the state.
Alhaji Saidu Mohammed, spokesman of the service, who said this in an interview with News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Kano said that the house was one storey building.
Mohammed disclosed that a three-year-old boy was among those rescued.
“We received a distress call on Friday from one Malam Hamza Idris at about 3:19 p.m. that a building has collapsed.
“Upon receiving the information, we quickly dispatched firemen to the scene at about 3:27 p.m.,’’ he said.
Mohammed gave the names of the victims as: Abduljabbar Murtala, 7, Walid Inusa 10, Hanif Murtala, 3, Akailu Alkassim, 22 and Nasir Ibrahim, 35.
He said that the victims who sustained injuries were taken to the Murtala Muhammed Specialist Hospital, Kano, for treatment.
According to him, the cause of the fire outbreak is still under investigation.