- BREAKING: Court orders forfeiture of Saraki’s houses in Ikoyi
- BREAKING: Court Partially Varies Sowore, Bakare’s Bail Conditions, adjourns Case
- Three days after impeachment saga, Edward Onoja sworn-in as Kogi Deputy Governor
- BREAKING: Two critically injured as container falls in Onitsha
- BREAKING: Kogi Assembly confirms Onoja as Yahaya Bello’s deputy
- JUST IN: Seven killed in Gov Obaseki’s convoy accident
- BREAKING: Kogi Deputy Gov Achuba impeached
- BREAKING: Gunshots in Abuja as police disperse protesting Shi’ites
- BREAKING: Again, fuel tanker explodes in Onitsha
- BREAKING: We’ll only register candidate with NIN for 2020 UTME – JAMB
‘Market people are “frying akara with transformer oil’, using sniper on dry fish” – Nigerian scientist
A Nigerian scientist has revealed some of the shocking discoveries made during an unscheduled visit members of the Nigerian Food Sciences and Technology Institute paid to some markets in the Utako and Garki area in Abuja on Wednesday June 12th.
From traders mixing vegetable oil with transformer oil to fry Akara, to some traders using Sniper to keep flies away from dried fish; some of the discoveries are quite shocking.
See tweet below;