- BREAKING: Court rejects Atiku’s returning officer’s request to amend statement
- BREAKING: I got presidential results from website, says Atiku’s witness
- Breaking: Mikel Obi announces retirement from Super Eagles, gives reasons
- BREAKING: Army investigates viral video of soldier assaulting motorist in Lagos
- Breaking: 60 persons escape death as hotel collapses in Ebonyi
- Breaking: Super Eagles defeat Tunisia to clinch Bronze
- BREAKING: Witness faults results of presidential election claimed by Atiku, PDP
- Breaking: Senate confirms Justice Tanko Muhammad as CJN
- Breaking: Tribunal issues subpoena on INEC Chair over Atiku, PDP’s complaints
- Breaking: Yinka Ayefele finally confirms wife’s delivery of triplets in US
Woman arrested for buying new-born baby with N500,000 in Onitsha
A 50-year old woman has been arrested by the police for allegedly buying a newborn baby for the sum of N500,000 at No. 3 Onyekwore street, Awada, Onitsha in Anambra state.
The suspect, Juliet Onweagba, was said to have conspired with a 49-year old woman, Edith Ewudo, to purchase the baby from one Ndidi Egeonu.
He said, “On the 12/6/2019 at about 7:pm, Police detectives attached to Awada division arrested one Juliet Onweagba ‘f’ aged 50 years of No 3 Onyekwore Street Awada
“Suspect conspired with one Edith Ewudo aged 49 years of Orsumoghu street Awada and bought a newborn baby girl at the sum of N550,000 from one Ndidi Egeonu ‘f’ aged 35 years of Odume Obosi.
“The baby was stolen from the mother one Udechukwu Faith ‘f’ aged 23 years of 3-3 Onitsha shortly after delivery on the 2/6/2019.”
He also disclosed that the case was being investigated after which the suspects would be charged to court.