- BREAKING: Court orders forfeiture of Saraki’s houses in Ikoyi
- BREAKING: Court Partially Varies Sowore, Bakare’s Bail Conditions, adjourns Case
- Three days after impeachment saga, Edward Onoja sworn-in as Kogi Deputy Governor
- BREAKING: Two critically injured as container falls in Onitsha
- BREAKING: Kogi Assembly confirms Onoja as Yahaya Bello’s deputy
- JUST IN: Seven killed in Gov Obaseki’s convoy accident
- BREAKING: Kogi Deputy Gov Achuba impeached
- BREAKING: Gunshots in Abuja as police disperse protesting Shi’ites
- BREAKING: Again, fuel tanker explodes in Onitsha
- BREAKING: We’ll only register candidate with NIN for 2020 UTME – JAMB
Woman arrested for buying new-born baby with N500,000 in Onitsha
A 50-year old woman has been arrested by the police for allegedly buying a newborn baby for the sum of N500,000 at No. 3 Onyekwore street, Awada, Onitsha in Anambra state.
The suspect, Juliet Onweagba, was said to have conspired with a 49-year old woman, Edith Ewudo, to purchase the baby from one Ndidi Egeonu.
He said, “On the 12/6/2019 at about 7:pm, Police detectives attached to Awada division arrested one Juliet Onweagba ‘f’ aged 50 years of No 3 Onyekwore Street Awada
“Suspect conspired with one Edith Ewudo aged 49 years of Orsumoghu street Awada and bought a newborn baby girl at the sum of N550,000 from one Ndidi Egeonu ‘f’ aged 35 years of Odume Obosi.
“The baby was stolen from the mother one Udechukwu Faith ‘f’ aged 23 years of 3-3 Onitsha shortly after delivery on the 2/6/2019.”
He also disclosed that the case was being investigated after which the suspects would be charged to court.